Marks Out Of Tenancy and Justice For Tenants have joined forces as we believe tenants should have their voices heard and be supported with solid, reliable legal assistance.
Who are Justice For Tenants?
A not for profit free tenant advice service and tenants’ rights organisation.
A place where tenants can talk about their issue and receive:
- Advice personalised to their situation
- Direct intervention on their behalf to resolve their issue
- Access to legal representation.
What is a Rent Repayment Order?
A Rent Repayment order forces a landlord to refund up to 12 months’ rent if they rented a property that did not have the required license.
Why do Rent Repayment Orders exist?
Quite simply, lots of landlords regularly break the law. It is not fair that tenants suffer so that landlords can make a bit more money.
The evidence is very clear, you are up to 60x more likely to die in a property where you can bring a Rent Repayment Order.
Rent Repayments are meant to:
- Compensate tenants who have been put in a risky situation
- Remove the extra money made by a landlord who is breaking the law
- Punish the landlord for breaking the law
- Deter the landlord from breaking the law again
- Compensate tenants who have lived with poor conditions and bad property management
Justice For Tenants’ Rent Repayment Order (RRO) Team
Justice For Tenants is widely recognised as the most successful and finest Rent Repayment Order Team. The RRO Team has:
- Assisted hundreds or thousands of tenants with Rent Repayment Orders every year
- Paid all Tribunal fees on behalf of all tenants
- Trained hundreds of government and council staff on Rent Repayment Orders
- Presented knowledge modules for tenants’ unions and tenant rights organisations
- Provided training on RROs to the Mayor’s Greater London Assembly team.
It is for this reason that local councils, deposit schemes, The Property Ombudsman, law centres, tenant unions, university law centres and many more organisations refer tenants to Justice For Tenants.
Justice For Tenants has a success rate of above 98%. The average success rate for a tenant without representation or good advice is 21%.
What should I do if I think I can apply for a Rent Repayment Order?
The RRO Team will freely share their experience, knowledge and advice to help you bring your Rent Repayment Order. They can also provide representation if you wish.
Can Justice For Tenants bring the Rent Repayment Order application for me?
Yes. Justice For Tenants assist thousands of tenants every year. Our RRO Team will:
- Create and submit the Rent Repayment Order Application
- Pay all the Tribunal fees on your behalf
- Deal with any correspondence with the landlord or agent, so you don’t have to.
- Submit any questionnaires or paperwork to the Tribunal
- Submit the Evidence Bundles and Statement of case
- Provide representation in the hearing
I have questions about how the RRO process or how the Tribunal works?
If you think you may be entitled to a Rent Repayment Order and would like 12 months’ rent repaid to you, please contact Justice For Tenants on 020 3476 6648 or use the Contact Form or email email@example.com.
The RRO Team will freely share their experience, knowledge and advice to answer any questions you may have