Equality and Diversity Policy
Justice For Tenants is committed to encouraging an inclusive and compassionate working environment. Individuals with different lived experiences, cultures and perspectives help us to better understand those we assist and better support our clients and our staff.
We have a moral, ethical and legal responsibility to treat all employees with respect, valuing and celebrating equality and diversity and promoting equality of opportunity. Justice For Tenants will always strive to ensure that our organisation is inclusive to all.
This policy’s purpose is to lay out Justice For Tenants’ approach to promoting equality and diversity, as well as promoting a work culture that actively recognises and values that people from different backgrounds and lived experiences can bring valuable perspectives to the workplace and enhance the services we offer to our clients.
Justice For Tenants is committed to:
- Encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Creating a safe working environment free of bullying, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, where compassionate and respectful interactions and promoted, and individuality is recognised and valued. All team members must understand that they themselves, in addition to their employer, can be held liable for and acts of discrimination, harassment or bullying in the course of their employment.
- Not tolerating any acts of unlawful or unfair discrimination or harassment committed against an employee, job applicant or client because of a protected characteristic detailed in the Equality Act 2010.
- Treating any complaint of bullying, victimisation and unlawful discrimination seriously, taking any appropriate disciplinary action.
- Making any decisions concerning staff on the basis of merit.
- Value our staff and provide and encourage the uptake of opportunities for training and development to all staff.
The equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management.